Logo by MJ Capili Design
The mission of the YWCA Fire Council is to serve as a vehicle for volunteerism and call attention to, offer solutions for, and advocate change for the issues that matter most to young women in NYC.
The Fire Council’s vision is to live in a world where young women’s voices, needs, and priorities are reflected in and advanced through public policies at the city, state, and national levels. Young women from all backgrounds will be fully empowered with the knowledge and resources needed to take control of their own lives; structural barriers to achieving their goals will be eradicated; and appropriate supports to help them achieve those goals will be in place.
The Fire Council will accomplish this work by:
- Providing advice and feedback to the YWCA’s CEO, Board of Directors, and designees to ensure that the voices, values, lived experiences, and needs of young women are reflected in the YWCA’s strategy
- Creating a vehicle for service, advocacy, and resource development
- Taking an intergenerational and intersectional approach to all of our work
- Developing and cultivating relationships with young women throughout NYC
In its first year, the Fire Council will organize its work around three main “pillars” — issues relevant to young women in NYC:
- Financial Empowerment
- Mental Health
- Sexual and Domestic violence
Fire Council Newsletter Subscription: http://eepurl.com/bREp7f
Contact information: email@example.com