YWCA of the City of New York is on a mission to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. We are a multiracial women’s social justice organization dedicated to addressing issues that emerge at the intersection of race, class and gender.
The Office Manager will play a key role in providing top notch administrative and project support to the CEO, COO, and HR Generalist. This is a great opportunity to grow as a nonprofit professional and manager as this position will touch office administration, human resources and finance. The ideal candidate is an effective problem solver and a self-starter. In addition, he or she or they will be diplomatic, possess sound judgment, and a sense of humor.
Position will report directly into the Chief Operating Officer.
Support the CEO and COO in the management and overall functioning of the YWCA. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Office Management and Executive Support
• Assisting the CEO, COO and Board calendar events
• Compiling and distributing quarterly board meeting materials (i.e. the Board Book) and assisting with Board informational requests and Board reporting
• Draft internal and external emails for the Executive team as necessary
• Assist in preparation of upcoming meetings, including researching, preparing talking points, and one-pagers
• Implement effective process for streamlining administrative procedures and maximizing efficiency organization-wide
• Maintaining vendor files in office, communicate with vendors to resolve outstanding payments and clarify any issues/concerns, as needed
• Perform additional administrative tasks including filing, mailing, scanning, copying, and ordering office supplies
• Assisting with special / ad hoc projects
• Processing and coding invoices and check payments for upload to the accounts payable processing system
• Maintaining and processing purchase orders
• Processing executive expense reports, monthly corporate credit card expense reports, and reconciling employee’s program advances (petty cash)
• Maintaining digital copies of W-9 forms and Contractor’s Agreements
• Maintaining account payable files
• Assisting with preparing fiscal year-end audit schedules, supporting documents, and month end books closings
• Follow and adhere to Financial policies, procedures and internal control
• Contract administrator for DYCD and other government grant programs.
• Support the Finance team in various requests
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a relevant field
• Minimum of three years professional experience
• Excellent communication skills required
• Strong computer skills including: Microsoft Office Suite, internet research, etc.
• Ability to anticipate needs, trouble-shoot and solve problems collaboratively
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently
• Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills. Ability to think critically and creatively
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with integrity and discretion
• Resourceful, motivated, efficient, flexible, and positive attitude
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties.
Position is Full-Time, Non-Exempt.
The YWCA of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national origin. This policy also includes the handicapped and all disabled Vietnam-era veterans. The YWCA of New York City utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees