Stand Against Racism 2015
What is it? Founded in 2007 as a collaboration between YWCA Trenton and YWCA Princeton, Stand Against Racism is now a signature campaign of the YWCA USA and a very important part of our larger national strategy to fulfill one of the major tenets of our mission: Eliminating Racism.
This year the event will take place April 23rd – April 26th and the theme is a National Day of Action to End Racial Profiling.
Overview: The YWCA of the City of New York will take part in this event by inviting all staff to take part in a social media video contest titled “Ending Racial Profiling”.
Here’s how it works:
- All participants must record a 10-12 second video that finishes the sentence: “By ending Racial Profiling we…”
- To Enter: The contest period will begin at 12:00 AM (EST) on April 23rd and end on April 26th at 11:59 PM (EST)
- Post the link of your video with hashtag (#YWagainstRacism) on your social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter)
- Send an email copy to our Communications Manager, Kelsie Bonaparte at email@example.com with your video, name and a direct contact
- Judgment Criteria:
- Fulfilling the message
- Most “likes” via social media
- Winners will be announced on May 1, 2015
- First place ($100) American Express Gift Card
- Second place: ($50) American Express Gift card
All Staff Global are encouraged to get as many staff, students, friends, family and others involved in the contest! This will be a fun way to grab the attention of people and focus on an important cause! Let’s get the word out and get your creative juices flowing and your recording devices ready.