The YWCA of the City of New York, one of the nation’s oldest non-profits and with a mission of empowering women and eliminating racism, seeks an unpaid Development Intern. Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Intern is responsible for a variety of Communications-related tasks.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Drafting copy for marketing collateral, including newsletters and e-mails
- Contributing social media content, including blog posts, Facebook and LinkedIn updates, and Tweets
- Attending and assisting with afternoon and evening Development events
- Developing communications strategy to promote the YWCA-NYC’s signature events: the Potential to Power Girls Symposium, Summer Soiree, and Salute Luncheon
- Assisting with brand awareness and public relations campaigns
- Tracking print production orders and mailings
- Other duties as assigned by the Communications Manager
The Communications Intern will also work closely as part of the five-person Development staff on all aspects of development. Strategic thinking, research, attention to detail and excellent writing/communication/organizational and interpersonal skills are essential. Graphic design and web production skills are not required, but are welcome.
Please forward resume and cover letter to Resume-DMV@ywcanyc.org. Be sure to reference the title of the position in the subject line.
YWCA of the City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.