YWCA of the City of New York is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
The Chief Program Officer is primarily responsible for strategic development and management of overall YWCA programs, and internal program staff development.
The Chief Program Officer reports directly to the CEO. He or She must have specific experience supporting/driving programs directed at girls, women and eliminating racism. Key attributes of a successful Vice President is the ability to manage complex and detailed tasks simultaneously; effectively integrate program philosophy and management policies consistent with organization’s mission and goals; to utilize analytical skills and creativity to develop and implement program initiatives; the ability to work collaboratively and independently as necessary with key stakeholders and partnering organizations; and the critical ability to build alliances and partnerships with organizations who share a common missions.
Work under the direction of the CEO and in collaboration with the COO to help define, create, implement and monitor programs that improve the lives of women and girls in NYC and that support social justice and social advocacy.
Optimize programmatic infrastructure to maximize participant outcomes, including the development of accountability systems for employees and partners, and developing metrics to demonstrate/communicate outcomes.
• Manage the girls’ initiatives and OST portfolios
• Support the development and implementation of new program initiatives
• Support the management of program leadership team and staff
• Deliver and/or coordinate workshops with program staff related to education, mental health and youth development practice
• Collaborate with the Human Resource department on professional development initiatives for program staff
• Assist with the development of race and gender equity curriculum and practice in programs
• Contribute to fundraising efforts to enhance program resources
• Develop and maintain community partnerships
• Remain current on relevant research, policy and other trends affecting YWCA programs
• Coordinate internal program evaluation projects in collaboration with the CEO
• Ensure clinical interventions are appropriate and culturally sensitive
• Complete program documentation for contracts, grants and internal reporting requirements
• Represent the organization at events, conferences and forums
• Fulfilling all other duties deemed vital to the function of the organization by the President and CEO
• Collaborate with the Program Committee on strategy, strategic partnerships, and direction of the YWCA – NYC
• Collaborate and support the social justice and social advocacy mission of the YWCA
• Advanced degree in education, public administration, or related field required
• 7-10 years management experience, required
• Ability and willingness to travel around the five boroughs
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and analytical ability
• Solid computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite, internet research and outcomes database
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
• Strong work ethic and professional values
• Experience managing teams and change in high growth or rapidly changing contexts; ability to be agile, nimble, flexible and seamlessly pivot a team’s direction
• Fiercely detail oriented with ability to prioritize short-term needs with long-term planning
• Desire to learn and grow as part of an expanding organization; team player with a flexible, creative, and analytical approach to problem solving
• Adept at overseeing and executing strategic projects with significant visibility and impact
• Ability to handle a variety of constituencies, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities
• Commitment to promoting YWCA’s social justice mission, educational and youth development philosophy.
• Ability to create from concept to execution a compelling, innovative, and transformative curriculum and course that deliver on the YWCA – NYC mission.
Position is Full-Time, Exempt.
The YWCA of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national origin. This policy also includes the handicapped and all disabled Vietnam-era veterans. The YWCA of New York City utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.
Please send a resume, thoughtful cover letter, and recent writing sample toHRConsult1@ywcanyc.org