The YWCA of the City of New York is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. Reporting to the office of the Chief Executive Officer, we are seeking Graduate Student Interns to work under the supervision of the CEO. The ideal candidate will be an emerging nonprofit executive who is a detail-oriented and enthusiastic team player. Responsibilities include but are not limited to general administrative assignments. The successful candidate will be instrumental in working with the senior executive team and help to manage all facets of the business.
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help structure and manage our policy and advocacy work
- Provide staffing support to the YW Fire Council
- Execute our CEO Salon Series and assist the Chief of Staff with logistics, planning and outreach
- Support in the execution of events and related stewardship
- Support social media and communications campaigns as directed by an administrative supervisor
- Assist with design and marketing as directed by an administrative supervisor
- Assist with phone calls for annual campaign
- Assist with the management of correspondence between the Office of the CEO and the Board of Directors including preparation and distribution of reports, board materials and other items of importance
- Pursuing Graduate Degree
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications
- Strong organizational skills and analytical ability
- Solid computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite and Internet research
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong work ethic and a sense of humor
Equal Opportunity Employer
The YWCA of the City of New York is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant shall be discriminated against because of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, alien status, citizenship status, age, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability that can be reasonably accommodated, or any other classification protected by law.
How to Apply
Forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.