YWCA of the City of New York is on a mission to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
Position: After School Group Leader
Part Time, 15-20 hours per week
Program Hours: 3:00-6:00pm
- Lead instructional courses
- Plan lessons
- Manage classroom
- Communicate with parents and school-day staff
- Demonstrated effective teaching strategies
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- 1 year experience working with youth
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Strong capabilities in math, reading and other general academic studies
- Understanding of principals of effective youth development strategies
- Classroom management skills
- Associates/ Bachelors/ Masters Degree in Related Field or commensurate
The YWCA of the City of New York is an equal opportunity employer and contractor. We provide equal employment and contracting opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For consideration please send cover letter and resume to Resume-HR@ywcanyc.org with “Group Leader” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants.