The YWCA of the City of New York (YW-NYC) is on a mission to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. We are a multiracial women’s social justice organization dedicated to addressing issues that emerge at the intersection of race, class and gender. Founded in 1858, the YW-NYC is the first YW in the United States and part of an international movement of YWs worldwide. We currently serve 1,500 New York City school children by providing leadership and advocacy training for young women through our high school Girls Initiatives and Out-of-School Time (OST) programs for elementary and middle school students in culturally diverse communities in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
The Executive Assistant will be joining the organization at an exciting time during which we are looking to expand and grow under a new CEO. He or she will play a key role in providing top notch administrative and project support to the CEO and senior leadership team at our HQ office. This is a great opportunity to grow with the organization as we continue to scale. This individual will help us achieve organizational milestones by supporting office administration, human resources and finance. The ideal candidate is detail-orientated, an effective problem solver and a self-starter. In addition, she/he/they will be diplomatic, possess sound judgment, and have a sense of humor.
This position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
CEO & Senior Management Support
- Assist the CEO with scheduling and correspondent activities
- Manage agency contacts for the CEO and support ongoing business relationships
- Draft personal correspondence and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the YW-NYC
- Assist in preparation of meetings and lunches attended by senior management, including making logistical arrangements and researching who will be in attendance
- Act as liaison to Board of Directors on behalf of the CEO; compile and distribute quarterly board meeting materials and assist with Board informational requests and reports
- Perform additional administrative tasks including filing, mailing, scanning, and copying
- Implement effective processes for streamlining administrative procedures and maximizing efficiency organization-wide
- Assist with special / ad hoc projects
- Process and code invoices and check payments in electronic accounts payable processing system
- Maintain accounts payable files
- Liaison between YW-NYC and outsourced financial management team (BTQ)
- Process, deposit and record all finance-related items (checks, receipts, etc.)
- Maintain vendor files and track vendor contracts; communicate with vendors to resolve outstanding payments and clarify any issues/concerns as needed
- Process executive expense reports, reconcile monthly corporate credit card expenses, and record employees’ program advances (petty cash)
- Follow and adhere to financial policies, procedures and internal controls
- Interface with management partners, staff, donors, vendors and government partners
- Liaison to building management and act as first point of contact for visitors
- Maintain YW-NYC Events Calendar; execute and manage all office meetings and company events
- Oversee the office supply and inventory; order and replenish supplies as needed for the HQ office
- Open, sort and distribute incoming mail, emails, and other correspondence
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, business management or a relevant field
- Minimum of three years financial experience
- Excellent communications and writing skills required
- Strong computer skills including: Microsoft Office Suite, internet research, etc.
- Ability to anticipate needs, trouble-shoot and solve problems collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines and tasks efficiently
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail
- Ability to uphold a strict level of confidentiality; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with integrity and discretion
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills; ability to think critically and creatively
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team
- Resourceful, motivated, efficient, flexible, and positive attitude
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Must be flexible, resourceful, efficieint and willing to perform other duties as needed
- Strong passion for YW-NYC’s mission and growth
Position is Full-Time, Non-Exempt.
Salary is commensurate with experience. For consideration please send cover letter and resume to HRConsult1@ywcanyc.org with “Executive Assistant” on the subject line. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants.
Benefits we offer:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
The YWCA of the City of New York is an equal opportunity employer and contractor. We provide equal employment and contracting opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.