The YWCA of the City of New York (YW-NYC) is on a mission to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. We are a multiracial women’s social justice organization dedicated to addressing issues that emerge at the intersection of race, class and gender. Founded in 1858, the YW-NYC is the first YW in the United States and part of an international movement of YWs worldwide. We currently serve 1,500 New York City school children by providing leadership and advocacy training for young women through our high school Girls Initiatives and Out-of-School Time (OST) programs for elementary and middle school students in culturally diverse communities in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
The Development Manager is responsible for supporting all fundraising functions of the Development team including funder prospecting, stewardship and outcomes management. This position ensures that annual funder base growth goals are met appropriately, as set by the CEO. The Development Manager will assist the CEO with building and maintaining relationships within the funding community. The ideal candidate will be a development generalist, with solid donor development and planning skills and an ability to juggle competing demands with professionalism.
This position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Develop and implement strategies for solicitation that will grow annual revenue from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Register and provide backup documentation for programmatic government contracts on online portals
- Manage and track all appeal campaigns in conjunction with Director of Communications
- Manage and monitor online giving initiatives and website donations
- Manage foundation and government grants process in conjunction with CEO and PT Grant Writer (e.g.: City Council and other foundation funding tracked on master list)
- Liaise with Board of Directors and Executive Advisory Board for individual giving and affiliated corporate donations
- Work collaboratively with program and communications team to advance fundraising goals
- Research prospects, provide initial outreach, and meet with donors in coordination with the CEO
- Manage department’s workflow including overseeing fundraising calendar that integrates direct mail, online giving, foundation proposals, government contracts and events
- Analyze new business opportunities for donor expansion and strategic partnerships
- Reconcile giving records with outsourced financial management team
- Process and acknowledge all philanthropic contributions
- Manage donor records in eTapestry and produce reports as needed
- Monitor the coordination of third-party fundraising and acknowledgement of gifts
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Writes clearly and informatively, varies writing style to meet specific needs
- Self-motivated, adapts strategy to changing conditions and communicates changes effectively
- Flexible, organized, and dependable with excellent problem-solving skills
- Adept at managing multiple projects and complex situations.
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to create systems, track progress to goals, and communicate this information.
- Regularly experience interacting with high level contacts, including board members, government representatives, foundation officials, corporate representatives and major donors
- Commitment to the vision and mission of YWCA of the City of New York
HQ Location: 50 Broadway, 22nd Floor, NY, NY 10004
Position is Full-Time, Exempt.
Salary is commensurate with experience. For consideration please send cover letter and resume to Resume-HR@ywcanyc.org with “Development Manager” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants.
Benefits we offer:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- YWCA Retirement plan
- 403(b) Plan
- Paid time off
- UNUM Voluntary Insurance (additional Life, Life AD&D, Dep.Life)
- FSA and employer funded HRA dollars to spend toward out-of-pocket health costs
The YWCA of the City of New York is an equal opportunity employer and contractor. We provide equal employment and contracting opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.